Tommy's Dip Tips
1) Make sure you either invest in wetsuit boots or bring some cheap shoes you don't mind getting wet as the section of beach we use has stones on it and it's painful with bare feet.
2) Over the years we've grown the event and are now happy to have Rossi International on board to provide hot drinks with all proceeds going to our charity, so don't forget some change to warm up after.
3) When coming up with your fancy dress ideas, bear in mind you are running into the sea in this, so a paper outfit is going to disintegrate and we do not want to be polluting the water, nor do we want litter left on the beach. Also wearing an outfit with foam is going to hold a lot of water and weigh you down.
4) Listen to the Lifeguards - Southbourne Surf Lifesaving Club are our safety team on the day.
5) There will be plenty of announcements during the event, so please listen out as they are there to keep us all safe.
When and Where?
The dip takes place at 10.30 on Christmas morning to the right of Boscombe Pier where we recommend all "Dippers" arrive in plenty of time, park away from the pier and walk down (it can get very congested around the pier), register and join in the pre-dip fun on the beach. We'll do our bit to keep you warm!
Please remember to report back to the registration desk after your dip so that we know you are safely out of the water.
Getting To The Dip
Let’s do our bit for our wonderful environment. If you have to arrive by car, can you car share? Are you within walking or cycling distance of Boscombe Pier – if so, what better way to blow away the cobwebs than a brisk walk or cycle.